Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 43 - 8/2

Today we traveled to the great land of Utah! On the way, we passed by Arches National Park. Although we didn't see any arches, the area was still beautiful. We arrived in Provo just outside of the best college to ever exist in the history of humanity, Brigham Young University.  While getting gas at a local Sam's Club, we saw the Y on the mountain. It's a lot bigger than I imagined. We then met my Uncle Brandon and Aunt Heather at the Brick Oven pizza place for a much needed lunch. They are famous for their root beer. There was a sign that had a mug of root beer with the words "Premium Draft" on it. At first I didn't see the "root" part and was shocked a restaurant would even sell beer in Provo. But my confusion was soon dissipated after recognizing what it actually was. They had the best kid's menus I've ever seen. One could color a picture of Cosmo, BYU's mascot, on top of the Cosmoblie. It was nice catching up with my aunt and uncle and playing with their small kids as well.

After saying goodbye to Brandon and Heather, we did something I've waited 16 years to do: tour the BYU campus. We had enough time to see the BYU Bookstore, Student Center, and the Eyring Science Center. I am delighted to learn that a Jamba Juice is located in the Student Center. The Bookstore is now officially one of my favorite places ever. I hadn't bought a single thing our entire trip because I wanted to save my money for BYU. I got a sweatshirt, a couple of T-shirts, and a license plate border to put on my already beautiful car. At the Eyring Science Center, I was able to see the Food Science classrooms and display. I'm looking into majoring in Food Science, so it was cool to see the halls that I might walk in just two years.
We later arrived at my Uncle Mark and Aunt Marni's home. We chatted and watched the Olympics. Later, we got a knock at the door and I was greeted by my great friend Lauren. She moved from Washington to Sandy, Utah, a year ago. I've missed her tons and I was really excited to spend the next few days with her. While the rest of my family went to Kaysville, Lauren and I went to her house and enjoyed being with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment